Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dancing in a Vortex

I have been hearing a lot lately about the polar vortex. If you don't know what that is, be thankful. It is why this is a record breaking year for cold on the prairies. We have had 10 times more days of extreme cold (-35 or more) this year then a average year. Last Saturday, if you factor in the wind chill (and you should, trust me) it was -55! Yes, it was colder here then on Mars.

And you ask, what do you do on a day that is that cold. Well of course you dance! Our oldest son planned a dance party for us. We had snacks and fun drinks, we got all dressed up in your party clothes. He planned the music selection, with a mix of recorded music and live performers. And we danced. We had conga lines and break dancers. We had people dancing on furniture and a rocking ring-around-the-rosy session. Yes, I played my fiddle to the cheers of my adoring fans, all 5 of them.

I had so much fun. We all did. But the thing I loved the most was the look of pride on my son's face. This was his idea and he made it happen. He spent weeks thinking about music selection and how to best set up the room. He even held auditions! He felt awesome seeing his plans come to fulfillment. And he should be proud. He through a great party.

I think I will put him in charge of Christmas next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment