Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy Anniversary

So it has been one year (basically). Like most anniversaries I am a day late but I didn't forget I was just busy. (I wish that excuse would work on my husband!)

We arrived in Saskatchewan a year ago. I said it would take me a year to really know what it was like here. Well it is awesome here.

But I have learned a few things in the last 365 days.

1: Don't leave pop cans in the garage at temperatures lower then -20. They explode. Really!
2: People ware watermelons on their heads. Yes, they really do. It is a football thing, but still people, you don't think that is a little weird.
3: Football is king. If you don't watch the Riders play they take away your health card. It is that important.
4: Mosquitoes are not pets. They are demons sent to torment us until we say bad words in front of our kids.
5: Don't worry if you forget to put out your recycling, your neighbour will do it for you. They are really that nice here.
6: The weather can kill you. So respect it. And don't worry everyone, looks just as dorky in a parka but they are warm.
7: Again the weather can kill you. So bring sun screen, bug spay, a hat, sunglasses, and water every where you go. If you can, stay close to an air conditioner. They are a gift from heaven.
8: Even from far away, the people you love will still love you and you them. Praise God for phones, face book and email.

Here's looking forward to another great year on the prairie.

No comments:

Post a Comment